We collect information about you from various sources, including the following:
1. Data provided to us - We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Service. This may include IP address, the type of browser, system and language, date and time of visits, the type of internet service, location (including GPS location when made available to us), the pages visited, and the way of interaction with ads and other types of content.
2. Technical information- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Service. This may include IP address, the type of browser, system and language, date and time of visits, the type of internet service, location (including GPS location when made available to us), the pages visited, and the way of interaction with ads and other types of content.
3. “Cookies” – data files, which often include a unique identifier, sent to an internet browser or application and placed on a computer or mobile device in order to store certain information. We may use both session cookies (which expire once the web browser is shut down) and persistent cookies (which stay on the device until deleted). Some of the content included in the Service may contain and send cookies to your computer or mobile device. Usually you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being received; this may, however, interfere with the use of the Service by you. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, refer to your browser’s help section. We also use Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hot Jar and other similar products to obtain anonymous aggregated usage data. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
4. “Beacons” or “Pixels”– electronic files used to track navigation through the Service, email messages, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior. Opt-out of beacon tracking can be done by adjusting the settings on the web browser.
5. “Log Files”– when the Service is used we may track and record actions occurring on the Service and collect certain technical data including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed. Note that you and your End Users are not subject to any legal duty to provide us information.
We use the information we collect, first, to provide you with the Service. We put together all the information available to us to maximize the relevance and quality of the Service. For example, we use the information that we collect in order to:
- dynamically prepare content that you see;
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide personalized content, and information to our users;
- monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Service and our marketing;
- monitor aggregate metrics and statistical information regarding the Service and the users thereof;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
We also use the information we collect for purposes of administering and expanding the Service, providing customer service and making available other sites and services to our users and prospective users.
Occasionally, we may also use your contact information to contact you and notify you about important changes to the Service, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable, on our behalf and on behalf of our partners and affiliates. We may contact you through email, the Service and other similar channels. By providing us with your contact information you consent to our use of such contract information to send you such communications. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive promotional email communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the message.
The information provided to us may include Personally Identifying Information (“PII”) which is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate or otherwise identify an individual, such as name, address, profile picture, phone number, profile information, organizational and/or private e-mail address and title.
We do not rent, sell or disseminate PII to third parties without your consent, other than:
- disclosure to our employees, consultants, contractors, service providers and suppliers. Such disclosure is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide the Service.
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, whether or not a response is required by applicable law, or if we believe in good-faith, that disclosure is necessary to comply with the above;
- if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is appropriate or necessary in order to enforce our rights, collect payments, take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend against any claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, protect the security or integrity of our application and servers and protect rights or property;
- with any of our parent, or affiliated or successor entity;
- to consummate, and as part of, any asset sale, transfer, merger or liquidation.
- disclosure to your organization.
You may choose voluntarily whether or not to provide us with your PII. You may request access to all your voluntarily-provided PII that we collected online and maintain in our database by sending a written request to email@example.com.
We will process your personal information lawfully and only where we have legal bases for doing so.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. While we retain your information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent unauthorized access, loss and theft, copying or modification. With that said, no method transmission or storage is 100% secure. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for legal compliance or in order to protect the vital interests of a person.
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
Any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) will be protected, for example the standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
We may provide to third parties certain information about you and the End-Users without identifying you and the End-Users as individuals. We do this for purposes such as (1) providing statistical and aggregated data to researchers and other data consumers; (2) analyzing how the Service is used; (3) diagnosing and resolving technical problems; (4) maintaining security. We reserve the right to use and disclose any anonymized information at our discretion.
As stated above, we may serve advertisements through the Service. Such ads may be based on the information provided to us other than the PII
FlashInfo deletes your PII periodically, every 6-12 months. If you want to delete or remove any PII stored with us permanently, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Delete my Information” in the subject line and your full name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request in a timely manner, normally within thirty (30) days. Upon such request, we will make our best efforts to remove all the requested PII from our database. However, please note that some information may not be deleted from all databases and backup records. We may also retain certain PII for customer service, legal and similar purposes. We reserve the right to keep all non-PII and continue to use such non-PII in accordance with this Policy after the termination of your account and deletion of all of the PII.
We use industry standard measures to ensure the security of all information, including the use of passwords, firewalls, encryption and remote servers, and routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our Service. However, no transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to the Service. If you are under 13, please do not use the Service and do not send any information about yourself to us. No one under the age of 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us promptly at email@example.com.
By using the Service, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by placing a post regarding those changes on the website of the Service or by other means, as per our sole discretion. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes to this Policy are binding and effective when they are posted on this page. To the extent that the Service has your e-mail address on record, we may use this to inform you of changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, our information practices, or your dealings with us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.